At Littlegreen Academy, we strive for excellence in mathematics achievement throughout the school. We hope to develop pupil’s abilities within a cross curricular programme.
Across all classes, pupils are given opportunities to develop their maths fluency, ability to reason mathematically and to solve problems, within a balanced and exciting curriculum.
Most importantly, at Littlegreen, we recognise that skill in maths is essential to a happy, healthy and independent adulthood and strive to prepare our pupils for this.
Pupils at Littlegreen Academy will:
- develop a positive and confident attitude to mathematics
- make an active contribution to their own learning, by developing the skills of independence and enquiry
- become confident and competent working with mathematics
- develop an understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented
- become thinkers and problem solvers
- develop a clear understanding of the language of mathematics